Terms & Conditions at OKL Polo & Equestrian
1. All clients:
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse.
- We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
- All lessons and experiences must be paid in full at time of booking.
2. Punctuality and arrival times:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the lesson to allow time for hat fitting if required.
- We aim to run on time and stick to the timetable, but occasionally lessons may run over time for whatever reason, so please bear with us.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No credit or transfers are given for late cancellations.
- All bookings require a minimum of 24 hours notice from the booking day to cancel, for example if your lesson is on Saturday, cancellation must be on the preceding Friday.
- Full fees are payable without exception, unless the relevant notice is given to terminate the lesson. Cancellation should be via telephone, text or in person. Please note we do not accept cancellations by email.
4. Bad weather or adverse conditions:
- Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather.
- Riding might be cancelled when the following weather or conditions are occurring:
- Heavy snow.
- Heavy rain and/or flooding.
- Hurricane force winds.
- Electrical storms.
- Power failure (no lighting for indoor school).
5. Safety equipment and riding wear:
- Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Riding Helmets:
- Hats (all types): should be PAS015 or BSEN1384 standard (or better).
- Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
- Must be worn and always fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
- We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
- We recommend against purchasing secondhand riding helmets in case they have been damaged.
- Riding footwear: clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
- Allowed footwear:
- Jodhpurs boots.
- Leather riding boots.
- Disallowed Footwear:
- High heels
- Hiking boots
- We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe
- Allowed footwear:
- Jewellery: you should not wear jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk. It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing jewellery.
6. Extra visitors and/or friends of the family:
- Children must be always supervised at all times by a legally responsible person and remain seated and quiet whilst lessons are in progress and not to run around the gallery or yard unsupervised.
- Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay.
- If spectating in the gallery, please remain as quiet as possible.
- Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave the viewing gallery if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
- Movement of horses & ponies and farm equipment around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
- We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
- We have a strict no smoking policy.
- We can’t be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
- We can’t be held responsible for damage, theft or loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises.
- All animals are unpredictable, do not feed the horses & ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, or paddock unless authorised.
- RIDING IS A RISK SPORT – your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients.
- No video or phone video to be published on youtube or similar websites without Olivia Lamphee’s consent.
8. Block Booking Lessons, Hacks or other Activities
- Block booking of lessons, hacks or other polo activities (any service provided by OKL Equestrian and Polo or Cotswold Polo Academy as agreed by the proprietor) may be agreed.
- All block booked activities must be paid for in advance regardless of the 30-day payment terms of our normal invoicing. These block bookings usually incorporate a discount from the individual rate card activity but not always.
- Your activities will be recorded to ensure we can track the use of your block bookings. You can ask for any update of your block booking account at any time, and we will endeavor to update you within 7 days of your request.
- Block bookings are subject to our usual cancellation policy.
- Block booked activities do not roll over from one polo season to another and must be used before the end of that calendar year.
- Block bookings are non-transferable between activities or persons.
- Block bookings are non-refundable other than exceptional circumstances.
9. Welcome Offers and Discount Codes
Invitational offers and discount codes for third party clients may be offered from time to time. These welcome offers and discounts may only be used once and for one booking. They are subject to all our normal booking and cancellation policies and are not available for block bookings, pony hire or livery.
10. Giveaway Prizes
- Competitions may be run from time to time for fee polo experiences with Cotswold Polo Academy. Competitions may be run in conjunction with a third party or partner and include joint advertising.
- Winners of these competitions must fulfil all the criteria in the competition advertisement (for example they must like, share and comment to be included in a prize draw). Winners will be picked at random using a numeric random calculator selected online and they will normally be notified by either CPA or the third party.
- The giveaway must be taken up within the following polo season, will be non-refundable and follow our usual cancellation policy.
11. Livery and Stable Rental
Services and Facilities
Includes stable and turnout, feed, hay and bedding, shoeing, general groom and stable work, exercise, preparation for and care at polo. Unless otherwise agreed we will arrange the worming, dentist and vaccination of the horses which will be billed to the owner and we will hold passports.
OKL Equestrian shall provide these Services in an efficient and professional manner, meeting the welfare requirements of the horse and demonstrating skill, care and diligence.
The owner will provide OKL Equestrian with any information/documents required by us to perform these services. This is to include, without limitation, information on any known vices and/or medical conditions.
The appropriate work for ponies in full livery will be determined by the management in accordance with their understanding of the owner’s requirements. Unless otherwise requested this may include schooling, being ridden in lessons, umpiring or playing chukkas with a suitable member of staff. Decisions will be made considering the welfare and training of the pony and the work that the Owner requires from it. The pony will not be played in a match or ridden by anyone other than OKL Equestrian staff without the owner’s specific permission.
The owner may visit their horses at any time within our business hours. If they wish to ride the owner is asked to book this in at least 24 hours in advance.
The owner will observe any yard rules particularly those relating to safety.
The owner should obtain consent before installing any fittings to the stable(s) or tack rooms. Damages caused by the owner’s horse, over and above fair wear and tear, may be charged at cost.
All tack, rugs and other equipment should be labelled by the owner whenever possible.
We may, in an emergency, contact a vet to attend to the horse without the owner’s permission if they are unreachable and the invoice will be sent directly to the owner. We will also treat minor veterinary issues “in house” and the owner will be billed accordingly.
Field plans and grazing schedules will be the responsibility of OKL Equestrian.
The owner must inform the Yard if any horse is to be absent from Cirencester Park overnight and let us know when the horse will leave and return.
The owner must be alert to possible infections of Strangles, particularly when travelling. Any symptoms of Strangles (e.g. lumps in the throat, discharge from nose coupled with a high temperature) that are observed in the horse while away or at Cirencester must be reported immediately.
Fees, Term and Notice Period
Livery charges will be invoiced monthly in advance and payment is due within 28 days. Extras such as worming will be invoiced in arrears.
Unless otherwise agreed all livery is per season. Summer livery is from March to Mid-September. Winter livery is from September to Mid-March.
If the livery of one or more horses kept at OKL Equestrian is ended before the end of the season we reserve the right to make a cancellation charge if we are not able to fill the vacancy. The charge will be of equivalent to DIY Polo Livery until the end of the season plus the appropriate proportion of any irrecoverable costs relating to the employment of any relevant groom.
The owner is responsible for insurance of their horse which must include 3rd party liability. The owner is also responsible for insurance of their tack and equipment.
Limitation of Liability:
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of OKL Equestrian LLP or anyone for whom in the law OKL Equestrian is responsible, neither the Proprietor nor any agent, employee or representative of OKL Equestrian accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury, illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators or any other person or property whatsoever howsoever caused.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, OKL Equestrian LLP will not be responsible for any loss arising out of injury or damage to the Horse where the owner has not notified them in writing of any requirements of the Horse.
12. Agreement of terms:
- If you do not agree with any of our Terms and Conditions, then you do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our no Cancellation Policy applies in this situation.